– Uh, I woke up at 4:30 this morning. – I woke up at 4:45. – Because we are on a mission. ♫ Ooo, hashtag hashbrown huntdown ♫ Hashtag hashbrown huntdown ♫ It’s really to find the
best fast food hash-browns. – The patties. – Potatoes are an amazing thing. – Potatoes are almost
as versatile as pigs. – [Both] Rubric Crispiness. – Fluffiness. – We brought a scale, so we could weigh ’em. Overall beauty. – [Both] “Wow” factor. Damn that’s a fine potato. – Yea, that’s like, that’s a sexy nod. – Yea, a sexy nod. Oh, here’s a thing. When you break open a hash-brown, it should steam like in the commercials. You know? Like you should break it in
half and steam should erupt. – Steam test. – Steam test. Hang a right here, then
take a left down Vine, We’ll be in Santa Monica in no time. We’re here. The Dunkin’ Donuts. I’m lookin’ for some hashbrowns. – I’m gonna get one order of hash-browns and two coffees. – Let’s get a top-down and see how beautif–
– So here’s the Dunkin Donuts. – Are these beautiful? 39 grams, that’s incredible! – Steam test. – Steam test.
– Ready? – Ready?
– Close-up, yea. – Is this gonna do it? Ready? And… I am gonna say a soft
no on the steam test. – It’s like a salty tongue bath. – I can’t give it too much
crispy or fluffy points, because they kind of blend together. – They def– There’s no contrast. – There’s no contrast.
– No contrast. – No “Wow” factor. – No “wow” factor
– Absolutely. It has somethin’ special about it. The thing is they’re very eatable. I could just… He said get one order. We maybe shoulda’ got two. – Well we have to eat a lot more potatoes, I didn’t want us to spoil
our goose this early. – Yea. – Hit us with a Tater Fact, Linda. – [Linda] The potato is
about 80 percent water and 20 percent solids. – 80 percent water?! – That seems weird. – Carl’s Jr. – Watch out for that runner. This is what we’re gonna get. – Ooo. – Well, we lost two. Lost two. 115 grams.
– Steam test, steam test! – Do you see any? – I didn’t see any but it felt better than the last time. A little less artisan. Not that much fluff though. – No, it’s just really a nice crunch. This is classic potato that’s been fried in a shape. – Definitely no “wow” factor. Ready?
– Yea. – Oh! That was close though! – Waste another one. – Oh! That’s my boy. – Same edibility.
– Yea. – And also we threw
about ten on the ground. – [Both] Hashtag Hashbrown Huntdown 2K15. – I thought we were gonna
throw them in our mouths. – (chuckles) Oh. Oh, do you wanna do that? (laughs) – Alright, we wasted a couple hashbrowns, but in the end it’s really gonna be ok, because, I mean, the
seagulls will eat ’em. – Everybody likes seagulls
at their restaurant. I gotta be honest, I’m already feeling a little bit sick. ♫ Oh Burger King, where
dreams can be yours. ♫ – May I get an order of hashbrowns? She was nice. All of the fast-food workers
have been nice today. – Yea, it’s morning. They haven’t had their day ruined yet. – I think these look way shittier
than the Carl’s Jr. ones. – Really? They look exactly the same. – 118 grams
– 118. No. – (laughs) Do you think this is ever gonna work? They are fluffy and they are crispy. I might even give it
a slight “wow” factor. Yea, I think they’re ugly. – Catch-ability. – [Keith] Tastebuds. Flavor buds. – Flavor buds. – [Both] Hashtag Hashbrown Huntdown 2K15. – Goddammit. – This is not as easy as chicken watch. – You got coffee on your pants. – I got coffee on my pants. ♫ Taste buds ♫ We’re buds in nice duds ♫ And we’re eating the spuds ♫ – [Linda] Potato blossoms
used to be a big hit in royal fashion. Potatoes first became fashionable when Marie Antoinette paraded
through the French countryside wearing potato blossoms in her hair. – [Keith] Whoa, where are we Chris? – I’m at the combination
Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. – That’s where I am too. And Linda. – [Keith] Okay. – [Chris] Okay. It looks average. 39 grams. – [Both] Steam! Steam! – It’s not crispy and it’s not fluffy. – It’s like gooey. Wooo big truck! – Yeah I don’t like this. – No wow factor. – The wow factor is like, “Wow, really?”
– Uggh. – It’s probably the ugliest one. – Taco Bell, I love you but you’re new at this breakfast thing and it’s showing. – Catchable. – [Both] Hashtag Hashbrown Huntdown 2K15. – Flavor buds. – Flavor buds. Should be taste buds, but… Thank you. – Can’t stop it. – Thank you! – How mad do you get when somebody doesn’t give you the wave? – [Both] You gotta give ’em a wave if they let you in. ♫ You gotta give ’em a wave ♫ Give ’em a wave ♫ Give ’em a wave now ♫
– Thank you. Just wave at me! Hey do you guys have hashbrowns? – No. – You don’t have hashbrowns? – Alright. – Yeah how’s it going? – Good how you doin’? – Keith, nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you too. – Hey, Chris. – Are you guys still doing the chicken…? – Oh no. – We’re doing Hashbrown Huntdown now. – Oh Awesome. – Wanna get in the car and come with us? – Sure. – So now Ed’s going with
us to Jack-in-the-Box. – Is this the right way? – No it was a right. (laughs) ♫ Havin’ fun, havin’ fun. ♫ Havin’ fun at the Jack-in-the-Box. ♫ Oooh. It’s pretty fat brown. – 50 grams. – Ooh, what a steam test. – Ooh it smells really hot. – I like the fact that the
outsides are nice and crunchy and then when you feel
the potato in your mouth, it feels nice and soft, smooth. – He’s better at this than us. – Yeah. What do you think? Wow factor? – Yeah I enjoyed it. – Damn.
– That’s a fine potato. – Wow. The first one came out really nice. The other two kind of
failed on that department. – So there was a clear,
better-looking system. – Yes. – Everything’s fine. – [All] Hashtag Hashbrown Huntdown 2K15. – What a treat. – Yeah that was really great. – Bye.
– Bye. – The average American eats about 124 pounds of potatoes per year while Germans eat about twice as much. – Remember that that’s 80% water so you’re really just staying hydrated. We’re finally going to McDonald’s. – So we made it to our final
destination, McDonald’s, and you know what’s right next door. – We have 20 minutes. – Let’s go get some recruits. – [Chris] We’re all gonna
hashbrowns right now. – [Keith] Hashbrowns. We’re getting hashbrowns right now. – Ned come on!
– Let’s go, let’s go. – Let’s go, we’re going to McDonald’s. – Let’s go! This is important it’s for a video. – Come! Hashbrowns! We’re all getting hashbrowns. Every one of us. – 50. Let’s get an even 50. Hi, can I get 50 hashbrowns? – Me and Keith tweeted that we wanna get hashbrowns with people. Caya was like, “I’ll be there.” Yeah! – It’s a dream come true! Grab a bag, take a brown, pass it down! – Hashbrown Huntdown! – Take a brown, pass it around! – There it is! 58 grams. – Wow.
– 58 grams everybody! (cheering) – It’s fine, everything’s fine. – Perfect crunch, perfect fluff. – Naturally beautiful. – Umm it’s like the best hasbrowns ever. – Yeah. – Every time it gets the wow factor. – [All] Damn that’s a fine potato! – What a special day we’ve
had as the taste buds, but we’re gonna sign off with our classic Hashtag Hashbrown Huntdown 2K15! (cheering) – We’ll see you next time! – [Chris] We live in a fast town, cruising around, eating hashbrowns. Going to Chik-Fil-A or
McDonald’s, Burger King. What you say? Jack-in-the-Box, you goin’ Subway? I don’t think they have those, not today. Not tomorrow, not the week later. No, they don’t serve taters. – Oooooh shit!